Thursday 28 September 2017

How I prepare 12" Square Cake



Another photos to remind me on how I prepare large 12" square cake.


Have cakes ready, trim the tops.


See some left over plates? yuuummm!!


Clean the cake board properly then clean it again with vinegar, then with alcohol.


Make chocolate ganache in advance, then heat it up in the microwave, be careful to not over-heating them.  You can see how I store my chocolate ganache here, trouble shooting for over-heating chocolate ganache here and white chocolate ganache here.


Prepare simple sugar syrup.
Brush syrup on each cake layer before adding ganache.


Ganached square cakes.
These are not cakes in the above photo.
I didn't have the final ganached cake.
I had this on my files.



So the 12" square cake was bought by Hilary's husband, Matt, for her 40th birthday.
How romantic...


When I made this cake, cellphone doesn't take good photo quality, so here it is small size photo and a bit blurry.


The next year, Matt ordered another birthday for Hilary, another big cake!
Thank you for your trust, Matt!!  :)




Thank you for looking (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment