Thursday 12 December 2013

Ivory Wedding Cake and Light Pink Extra Large Sugar Rose


Sharna came to me with this wedding cake design
I can't find the original cake decorator of this cake.
If you know, please let me know :)

Now I have to search for the lace.
Even though Sharna doesn't mind if I use a similar look
of sugar lace, as much as I can I would like to use the same one.
And I found it! It's from Paradoxx.

Sharna will come and pick-up her wedding cake,
so I would like to "give something back" to her.
I offered her a free extra large sugar rose,
and she has chosen light pink color.

So here is the cake in ivory color,
with sugar lace dusted in CK Antique Silk dust,
and light pink extra large sugar rose.



It was in size 7" and 9",
you can see from below photo that the extra large sugar rose
spreading from side to side almost 17.5 cms.
It is really large indeed!



Close-up photo for the sugar rose



I made this extra large sugar rose and leaves using this method.


Do you realize there is a gap between sugar lace?
Here is the close-up look.


This is what it looks like after "filling".


Once brushed with CK Antique Silk dust, the color blends in beautifully!
See how pretty it looks now? :)

Huge Congratulation to Sharna!
I wish you both HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
and Thank you very much for your trust xx



I thought I made a single medium size sugar rose
with few fillers and leaf.
This one looks romantic to me and I heart it!


Thanks for looking! (^_^)




No comments:

Post a Comment