Monday 1 September 2014

How to make Giant Gold Fantasy Peony - A Note for me





I used Cupid's Cake Decorations Modeling Paste for this. 
It can be rolled out very thin, dried very quick and very light in weight. 
Although it measured 24 cm / 9.5" from one end to the other, this flower was not heavy at all. 
They dried crispy thin, I broke 1 petal, lucky I made enough.
I also used "Cake Art" brand of Gold Lustre Dust and green florist wire from the same shop.

I must say this modelling paste is very similar with
Squire's Kitchen Petal Paste which can be rolled into a very thin petals,
and they dried quick too.

The downfall: must be very careful when handling them,
they are crispy thin, break easily.

I have no complaint though, still happy with it.

It took me 2 full days to make this flower, to be more precise from 9am to 8pm. 

The result is a Giant Blossom Peony
measuring about 24 cms / 9.5"
from one end to another,
which is larger than the middle tier of the cake.






















And drum roll pleaseeee....

The Cake




Thanks for looking (^_^)


No comments:

Post a Comment