Thursday 14 November 2013

Ivory all the way!!



Huge Congratulations to Angela and Jonathan
who got married today, 15.November.2013
at Wandin Valley - Hunter Valley.

I wish you both HAPPILY EVER AFTER.



Thank you very much for trusting me to create your wedding cake :)



The Design Process

This cake were made based on Angela's Wedding Dress and Flowers

Angela's Wedding Dress


I sketched 3 different cake designs for Angela,
and she chosed the one below:



The Extra Large Sugar Rose
Brushed the petals one by one with confectioners glaze,
wait for them to dry,
then brushed them again with petal dust before assembling them.

If they are in colors other than ivory, I would steam them briefly.



The topper was my Extra Large Sugar Ivory Rose.
The top-tier is size 6" and the diameter of this flower is just as big as top-tier itself.



This cake were created based on Angela's Wedding Dress.  
Only 1 color for this cake: IVORY.  That is why I called it "Ivory All the Way".



When I was creating the decoration,
since the topper will be a sugar rose,
I made the cameo - a rose cameo - so it will be "in line" with the topper.
I made the cameo from 2 different moulds,
honestly need a lot of work to make them look "perfect",
especially the edges.  Honestly I can't say that I am satisfied with the moulds,
the rose mould doesn't fit into the frame mould perfectly.
But I am happy with the way they look after putting some "foundation and powder" on them :)

For the color, instead of ivory petal dust,
I used CK CAPPUCINO petal dust,
CK SILK WHITE and ANTIQUE SILK lustre dusts.

The photo below shows the final product of rose cameo:
I LOVE IT!!


The Venue

Here is photo of the room, so romantic with pink accent on it :)


On the way out, I saw some Roos / Kangaroos just outside the venue!
They were just relaxing under the trees, when I came out of the car
and walk closer to them they started to stand,
then they ran away :)
I saw few Joeys too, so cute :)

Such a "sweet treat" for me!





Thanks for looking >^..^<


No comments:

Post a Comment